Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:21 AM, "Brent Greer studegator@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Is there a brand name for canopy glue that you prefer?  I've never used it before and my local hobby store owner gave me a puzzled blank stare when I attempted to enquire about it with him.

Brent

________________________________
Dr. J. Brent Greer

From: STMFC@... on behalf of Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:55:40 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Adhesive for Plano Roof Walks

Canopy glue, best by far. CA will eventually let loose with expansion and contraction, canopy glue will stay glued, it's flexible. Voice of experience.
Tony Thompson

On Dec 18, 2017, at 8:19 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Looking for counsel . . .

A couple of securements:
Roofwalk to car
Latitudinals to brass subframe
Subframe to roofwalk

Plano recommends CA.  I’ve heard (read) that some prefer canopy glue.  I have tried tinning the brass subframes and then attempting to solder on the latitudinals, without notable success.  Stainless doesn’t like to be soldered to, apparently, unless I should use a different flux.  (?)

Recommendations welcome.

Schuyler