Re: MKT box car

Tim O'Connor

yep. I've seen photos of cars with very elaborate chalk instructions either
on the doors or on the sides. This must have been very close to the end of all
passenger trains on the MKT, and all passenger train mail contracts ended just
a couple of years later. But Dallas--KC was definitely a route for the MKT.

Tim O'Connor

Can anyone read the chalk markings on the doors? The last on the left door is the date "12-13-64" plus "FULL". This would make some sense if it was stored mail service; load the car until it was full.

From the chalk markings I also see "KC MO"; a possible destination.

Regards,

Bob Witt