Sunshine Pennsy trucks (was Sunshine trucks)

tcschc <tculotta@speedwitch.com> <tculotta@...>

I haven't heard it mentioned so I'll jump in here. For the Sunshine white metal Pennsy trucks, I have had good success by doing the following:

Step 1 (optional) - Buy NWSL .088" tread width shouldered axles (to replace the .110" ones included in with the castings)
Step 2 - clean out journals with a #50 drill (don't drill out the journals or you may pop through the journal, thereby ruining the casting)
Step 3 - add liberal amounts of dry lube (graphite)
Step 4 - assemble (I used ACC although cyanopoxy might be the ticket now)
Step 5 - add to freight car

Using the #50 drill to clean out the journals makes for a free rolling truck.

Ted Culotta