Re: B&O sway roof on M-15 class boxcar

Charles Morrill

My HP shows the same sway.  I think the center of the roof on that boxcar has collapsed.

Charlie

From: 'gary laakso' vasa0vasa@... [STMFC]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:49 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] B&O sway roof on M-15 class boxcar

The wonderful picture of the B&O yard in Cincinnati in  1945:  https://www.american-rails.com/images/WWMILWSpud.jpg  has a M-15 boxcar (door opens to the right and its couple to the hopper car) just above the shed near the flat car with the two army tanks.  I enlarged the picture and the roof and the running board appear to sag in the center of the roof.   Its not enough sway for a John Allen stock car model….. The nearby cars do not have the sway, so it may not be a quirk in the picture or my computer (well, it is a Dell).

Gary Laakso

North west of Mike Brock