Re: Epoxy ?

Dave Parker

One thing yet to be mentioned:  my (albeit fuzzy) recollection is that at least some of the 2-part epoxies that I have used over the years have involved an exothermic reaction, i.e., they give off heat.

A few years ago, I used a super heavy-duty epoxy (Touchstone Express II) for a counter-top fabrication.  It melted the plastic cup that I mixed it in.  Ever since, I try to remember to check a small batch before using a new (to me ) product, especially if it's going onto plastic.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

On Friday, December 29, 2017 12:24 PM, "Carl Gustafson cgustafs@... [STMFC]" wrote:

One other thing about applying stuff over not-yet-cured epoxy:
There may be some dimensional change - either some shrinkage or
expansion. Perhaps not enough to be really obvious, but enough
to mess with what's over it.

Carl Gustafson