Re: Epoxy ?

Carl Gustafson

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 09:35:38PM +0000, Dave Parker spottab@yahoo.com [STMFC] wrote:
One thing yet to be mentioned:� my (albeit fuzzy) recollection is that at least some of the 2-part epoxies that I have used over the years have involved an exothermic reaction, i.e., they give off heat.�
Well, they all do that, and because the stuff is so viscous, and becomes solid, heat transfer is pretty slow.
However, unless you have it mixed in bulk (as in a cup, or using it to fill voids) the heat will dissipate
fairly readily. It's a function of surface to volume ratio - a thin film, even if between two solid pieces, will
not usually create enough heat to cause you a problem.

Mixing even a few milliliters in a small container will get quite warm. applying it in a film will let the heat
escape.

Carl Gustafson