Re: Gould/Tichy 40' flat

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 12/30/2017 10:29 AM, sullivant41@... [STMFC] wrote:
NP open freight cars in revenue service - gons, hoppers, flats, log flats and skeleton cars - were painted black for many years, and maybe the SP&S cars followed suit

    I may have misread some of the information but it seems interesting to me that the underframe would be painted black with the thin area on the sides and ends would be red.  If the sides were red I would take a SWAG that all the car was red, and the same for black.  Also  a  SWAG but I'm guessing the car was painted before the wood deck was applied.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941