Re: Loss Protection for our freight cars.

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 12/31/2017 7:23 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:
I remember that jewelry was especially
expensive to insure, probably because of the risk of theft and loss.

    I helped a person out who wanted to sell a ring.  The appraised value of the ring was 13K however the highest price a jeweler would pay was 3K (wholesale).  I paid a little over the 3k and insured it with a rider for 3K.  Still was expensive but you can see the problem with jewelry.

    I don't think we have that kind of problem with model RR equipment as almost everything we have could be replaced with at least a similar item.  And then I have some stories about home burglary and insurance replacement!:-D

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941