Re: Loss Protection for our freight cars.

Tim O'Connor

In general, it's market value or msrp, but you have to be able to document it.
Since that's hard to do with a model you've built, you're pretty much stuck with
the cost of the parts, not labor. But after you account for paint, decals, trucks,
couplers, wheels, and extra details, it may be worth more than you expected!

Tim O'

One of the things I don't recall seeing mentioned is whether or not the insured
value will include just the kit (if kit-built) or the cost of having someone build and paint it.
Carl Gustafson