Re: Loss Protection for our freight cars.

Edward

That is what I was told by an insurance representative when I inquired about my scratch- built O scale models, several of which won prizes in national an regional level contests.
Materials and parts only could be covered IF EVERYTHING USED TO BUILD IT IS DOCUMENTED WITH RECEIPTS.
In pressing the matter of enhanced value over that of the materials and parts, I was told that if I obtained paid appraisals of a model's worth  by "two disinterested, notable experts in the field," their estimate of value MIGHT be considered ( but not necessarily accepted) in a claim settlement for loss.
A rather tall order,.especially in the minor area of two-rail O scale models where I am located.

Ed Bommer