Re: Loss Protection for our freight cars.

Steve SANDIFER

Have you heard about the woman who was selling her husband’s O scale brass at a train show. All of the engines were $75.  Someone asked her why so low a price and she responded, “Well, he said he only paid $75 for them.”  J

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 8:00 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Loss Protection for our freight cars.

Tony Thompson and all,

That is interesting. I have State Farm homeowners insurance, and I called about my large collection of freight cars (twice).

They said it was not covered as it was a special hobby collection, and that I would need additional coverage.

So, to me, those conflicting answers indicates special diligence is needed.

Along the same lines – make sure you have a disposition plan should you get hit by a bus. My wife knows not to toss my collection it the dump, but ideally, it would go to a better cause. One guy recently passed his large collection to the NP Railway Historical Association – family gets half of the proceeds, NPRHA gets the other half for selling it.

Dean ONeill

Redmond WA