Re: IMWX history

O Fenton Wells

I hope you find them

On Jan 6, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I imagine that the original CRMPG sq corner 5/5 dreadnaught end would more than satisfy your needs, however that pattern has disappeared over the years since it was rendered superfluous by IMWX tooling up the square corner post car.

Now, if someone out there as an original, unused CRMPG #1137E, I'd be happy to copy it and get it into production

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 1/06/18 12:42 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

Pierre

I've never seen the CRMPG version - does it look better? At the very least
it could be applied to the Intermountain 1937 body.

You know the end I crave? An S-corner 4-5 10'6" replacement for the Proto
2000 box car. This is the end applied to Southern Pacific A-50-12 box cars,
which were the predecessors to the later A-50-14 that the stock kit is good
for. Also the same end was applied to A-50-13 cars, which were basically a
40 foot version of the A-50-12. There may be other railroads who used the
end but I haven't researched it.

Tim O'Connor

That makes more sense. Which explains why CRMPG had a sq corner end on offer at fist.
But I do have an IMWX kit with sq corner. So IMWX did the molds for both styles
Pierre Oliver