Re: missing uncoupling device on CIL brass box car?

Tim O'Connor

The cars had a small bracket hung under the end sill with a bottom-operated
uncoupling lever. A very easy detail to add. The McCoid photo of the B-end of
UP 180931 shows this very clearly.

Tim O'Connor

a week ago I was about to purchase a brass box car from CIL like this one:

https://www.brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/082096/HO-Brass-Model-CIL-2408-3-UP-Union-Pacific-B-50-17-Steel-Side-Boxcar-182300-F-P-Custom-Weathered

but then I saw there is no coupler lift bar or any other uncoupling device usually found on every piece of rolling stock. It would be odd if CIL forgot such a major part of a model, but seemingly they did. Does anyone have a link to a photo where one can see what the real thing looked like?

Johannes