In the closest photo, lower right hand corner, there are white granules of some sort next to the bag. so probably salt.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 3:05 PM, 'gary laakso' vasa0vasa@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Most of the express refrigerators have loaded bags on top near their closed ice hatches.  Perhaps, bags of salt?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 9:55 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Loading Strawberries

I searched a little more and found some more on banana loading, which I believe these links were posted previously on this list.

http://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/search/mods_subject_topic_ms%3A%2522Railroad%20refrigerator%20cars%2522

The searching the DB is not clear cut as there is another image of loading bananas that came up with a different search criteria.

http://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/object/state-lhp%3A7624

Found a Cloverleaf Dairy reefer also ... http://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/object/hnoc-clf%3A10233

Bob Witt