Re: reweigh intervals gons and flats

Eric Hansmann

I thought the weigh interval for boxcars, hoppers, gons, and flats were the same in 1953. My copy of Bob Karig’s “Coal Cars” is packed away so I’m unable to check.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jan 13, 2018, at 7:50 PM, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Time 1953.   I have the information on required reweighing of box cars, stock cars, and reefers.  I have searched the files and conversations of both this group and the archives.  I cannot find the reweigh interval for gons and flats.  I know tank cars were not required to be reweighed because the tariffs were based on gallonage.

Can someone either provide the information or point me to a source.

TIA

Rich Orr