Re: GM&O 26300-26999 series info help

Tim O'Connor

Don

The cars were REPAINTED bright red with the wing scheme. As originally painted,
the cars had very spartan lettering. I have an ACF builder's photo.

I only have post-1960 photos of the 245xx cars - green paint, no wings, large DF.

Tim

Going thru some old kit that have been in storage came a upon a CB&T car #26451 with the broken wing scheme - foobe or not?

Also a GM&O #24579 End Cab model double door 40-foot car broken wing scheme - smae question

It think the 26300-2699 series had black roof, ends, underframes and trucks when built did this carry on to the broken wing scheme or were they all one color?

Thank in advance

Don Ford Cameron Missouri