Re: Services of the Pullman Library

Schuyler Larrabee

Tony Thompson wrote:

"Dave Nelson's [at the Pullman Library] experience
is out of bounds."

Dave's story is embarrassing to any library,
volunteer, public or private, or at least it
should be. To essentially accuse someone who's
traveled a good distance, and made every effort
not to inconvenience the staff of the library,
that their only interest in seeing the drawings is
so they can steal them, is absurd and insulting.

I have had excellent experiences in several
archives, including the Princeton University Rare
Book Library where I reviewed the collection of
Lewis B. Stillwell's papers (Stillwell cars, for
those wondering who he was). They had not
cataloged the papers or even organized them at all
prior to my inquiry, but when I got there, they
had organized them and cleaned them up (they were
very dirty when they received them) and gave me
free rein of the entire collection, under
supervision of course.

Schuyler