Re: Ho Scale Atlas U.P. 1950's 70 ton Hart Ballast Hopper (Trucks)

Bryian Sones

Thanks Brian, I wasn't sure if I was seeing something between the bolster or not. I have trouble with contrast when it comes to black & white photos. I appreciate the help!

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Monday, January 29, 2018 8:05 AM, "brianleppert@... [STMFC]" wrote:

The Union Pacific HK-70-1 hoppers rode on 70-ton Barber S-2a trucks.  Notice the wedge shapes inside the bolster ends.  The newest HO version of this prototype is offered by Rapido.  I feel it is well proportioned, but falls short of proper wheel base.

I tried answering your question on Saturday but my post still hasn't showed up.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

please visit www.resincarworks.com/tahoe.htm