Re: F.G.E.X. Refrigerator build

dahminator68

Hello Roger.  We use polyurethane resin to make all of our castings.  Brittle is not a word that I would use with polyurethane.
It is likely you are thinking of the early resin kits from the '80s that were made from dark polyester resin.  That stuff is like glass.
Polyurethane compares to styrene in many ways but must be glued with ACC.

Thank you,
Andrew Dahm
westerfieldmodels@...

On Friday, February 2, 2018, 4:49 PM, Roger Huber trainpainter@... [STMFC] wrote:

Thanks for that clarification. Is the one piece resin as brittle as the flat kit material?

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Friday, February 2, 2018, 6:43:58 PM CST, Andrew Dahm dahminator68@... [STMFC] wrote:

Hello.  Actually, the #11600 Series Kits are only available with One-Piece bodies.

Thank you,
Andrew Dahm
Westerfieldmodels@...

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, February 2, 2018, 3:15 PM, Srrfan1401 srrfan1401@... [STMFC] wrote:

I believe that you can buy it either way check the Westerfield web site

On Feb 2, 2018, at 4:39 PM, frograbbit602@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Roger asked, “Is the Westerfield car a flat kit or a single body? ”

Kit 11661, is a one well cast one piece body.

Lester Breuer