Re: ADMIN RE: Re: Photos

Garth Groff or Sally Sanford <sarahsan@...>

Jeff,

Is it possible that some files can't be seen because of their format? I use both Graphic Convertor and Photoshop for my photo work, and there are significant differences in how the icons behave between the two programs, and how they display when the photos are jpg, JPEG, tif or tiff.

Even JPEG photos now come in several versions on Photoshop, which might make a difference to Yahoo.

Do you "wash" contributed photos to some standard (for example Photoshop jpg) when you approve them for posting, or do you simply accept the submitted formatting? What format does Yahoo recommend?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 2/9/18 12:00 PM, 'Aley, Jeff A' Jeff.A.Aley@... [STMFC] wrote:

�

Folks,

�

�������������� An update.� At 8:50AM on Friday, I am able to access the STMFC Files area.� So it appears that the Files outage was temporary and is now fixed.

�

�������������� To the original question, however, the Photos area seems to be having problems.� The most recent photo that I can see is from August 15, 2017.� I just approved several pending photos from October (!) but I am not able to see them.

�

�������������� For the short-term, I suppose one can upload photos to the Files area so that other members can see them.

�

Regards,

�

-Jeff Aley

Deputy Moderator, STMFC

�

�

From: STMFC-owner@... [mailto:STMFC-owner@...] On Behalf Of 'Aley, Jeff A' jeff.a.aley@... [STMFC]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:32 AM
To: STMFC@...
Cc: stmfc-owner@...
Subject: ADMIN RE: [STMFC] Re: Photos

�

Folks,

�

�������������� A quick check at 9:25AM PST on Thursday shows that I cannot access the STMFC Files area either.� I note that some other groups (e.g. Shake-N-Take) show the same problem, whereas others (e.g. PassengerCarList) are fine.

�

Mike and I will discuss the best course of action.� Yes, we are aware that some other groups have moved to Groups.io; we are carefully examining the pro�s and con�s.

�

Regards,

�

-Jeff Aley

Deputy Moderator, STMFC

�

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Photos

�

�

The STMFC /FILES and /ATTACHMENTS folder are not accessible.

Clearly, not a universal problem - I can access both folders on the BBFCL group.

I highly recommend moving to groups.io before it's too late.

Tim O'Connor

Yep.� Photos are visible, Files not for me, as well.
�
Steve Hile

Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:34 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Photos

�
No problem viewing photos, but what happened to the Files area? There's nothing there. Several of the groups I subscribe to have the same problem, but not all. The Resin Freight Car and Passenger Car list Files areas are still viewable.

Tom Madden

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.