From: Staffan Ehnbom staffan.ehnbom@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 1:21 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: 6 Great Northern DS Boxcars with paper sealed doors at Deer Park

 "three panel Murphy end as used on USRA cars". Do you mean the 5/5/5 Murphy corrugated? There are eight bulges here, not fifteen. What am I missing?

Staffan Ehnbom

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 8:28 PM, destorzek@... [STMFC] <STMFC@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

---In STMFC@..., wrote :

The box car on the left in the  photo of the GN flour shipment car possibly has a 3/5 drednaught pattern that was used on GN 40' 31000 series single wood sheath boxes.

Staffan Ehnbom

I donno, I don't see any darts. To me it just looks like the standard early three panel Murphy end as used on USRA cars and clones. The fact that the tack board is over the upper lap seam makes it hard to see the seam from the angle of the photo, but if you look at the far side of the end, it's there.

Dennis Storzek.