Re: tiny electric drills

Pete <pdsteam@...>

I have one and used it again this evening to drill some #79 holes.  Very nice, slow, steady and powerful for its size.
Except I did not give micromark my money as I found the exact same drill for much less on Amazon.  It’s been a good while so I don’t remember the details but I am sure a search on Amazon will find it.
I had a chuck that fit it amazingly so I cannot report on that chuck but the one I have will certainly do #80 drills so they are available.

Pete

On Feb 12, 2018, at 7:17 PM, Charles Peck lnnrr152@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I do not know the speed of them but Micromark offers a battery powered "precision power screwdriver"
and an optional chuck that claims to hold down to 1/64" so it should be good for #78.
These might be slow enough as I wouldn't have much use for a 1000 RPM with a 1/16" blade screwdriver
bit.
Anybody have one of these to give us a report?
Chuck Peck

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Ken Adams smadanek@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Agree with Steve Caple!

A low speed (50-500 RPM), cordless drill would be ideal for the type of drilling we do in resin and plastic.

Ken Adams