Re: Poultry Car

frograbbit602

I as others believe this is a poultry car. On the second poultry car photo that Bob said the car might be like. The research I have done states the bottom tank was used for feed and water in the tank under the running board. Both tanks had access hatches from attendant quarters.

As a side note. I believe there is only one poultry car left in the country which is at the St. Louis Transportation Museum. When I was there last year I got a person to take me to see the car buried among others in a car barn. Terrible location for photos. I was told is was out for display in earlier years to attempt to raise money for restoration. I am wondering if someone in this group took photos of the car while it was outside on display. And, could share a photo or two.

Lester Breuer