Re: Accurail PROTO:HO Coupler Box - They're BAAACK!

John Degnan <Scaler164@...>

A few other modelers have gotten bent out of shape by my recent comment (quoted below)... so allow me to explain my comment :

I have a slew of the Accurail narrow draft gear boxes already installed on many of my models, and I will likely buy more in the future to keep a 'continuity' between newer models similar to ones I already own (unit trains in particular).  My comment about the SMMW draft gear boxes being nicer primarily has to do with two things that I don't find in the Accurail draft gear boxes - the optional CENTERING feature AND the fact that they are available in three colors (to more easily match to painted models).

Other than that... I'm happy with either, and I hold no negative feelings toward or dislike for the Accurail draft gear.  I was one of it's proponents for a number of years after it was first introduced, and have recommended them to many other modelers over the years.

John Degnan

Scaler164@...

On February 16, 2018 at 6:36 PM "John Degnan Scaler164@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

A much nicer option has been available for about a month from SMMW :

http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/HO_draft_gear+cplrs.html

John Degnan

Scaler164@...

On February 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM "destorzek@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

The title says it all, the PROTO:HO narrow coupler boxes (also used for the Sergent narrow shank couplers) are back in stock and shipping. You can pester your dealer to order them, or go to our web site at:

http://accurail.com/accurail/parts.htm

Smack dab in the middle of the page.

Dennis Storzek