WESTERFIELD MODELS Newsletter, Vol 7, No 1, Feb, 2018

dahminator68

Hello Steam Era Modelers:

We are pleased to announce that Westerfield Models has a new Kit available:

Our newest HO Kit release is the
 #12800 Series B-50-15 single sheathed box car with steel sheathing, Murphy radial roof and AB brakes for Southern Pacific and subsidiaries.  Our One-Piece Body Kit covers series #14480-15229, 750 cars built in 1925 by Standard Steel Car Co.  The original single wood sheathed box cars differed from previous SP types in that they used hat section side posts of the 1924 design in a Pratt truss arrangement.  In 1935, SP began converting the cars to steel sheathing, first for Pacific Motor Trucking (PMT) service, then for Baggage Express (BX) service in 1942.  Freight versions of these cars also began receiving steel sheathing in this period and by the beginning of WWII, 930 cars in freight service had been converted (Total of all B-50-15 built versions was 3900 cars).  Beginning in 1942, the cars began receiving AB brakes as well.  Look for future Westerfield Kit releases covering the original version as well as PMT, BX and Overnight versions of these cars.

Our unpainted HO Kits include detail parts appropriate for the B-50-15, including the following details:
Improved Cast Urethane One-Piece Body Construction with Fine Details.
Urethane Castings of detail parts, including many car specific parts.
Detailed Hi-Tech rubber air hoses.
Yarmouth Etched Bronze Corner Steps and Carmer uncoupling levers.
Proprietary Decals covering all freight versions of the car.
Detailed Step by Step Instructions and History Sheets with assembly and finished model photographs.
Recommended Trucks:  Tahoe Model Works TMW-109 or TMW-209 Barber Lateral Motion Trucks.
Tahoe TMW-109  or TMW-209 Barber Lateral  Trucks available separately or with Kit (See below).
Kadee Couplers are available separately.

These are available direct from Westerfield Models for $ 45.00 each plus shipping.  Most of our Kits do not include trucks or couplers.  We do offer Tahoe Trucks and Kadee Couplers for this Series of Kit and separately for our other Kits.  See the Kit versions listed below.  Operating Era for B-50-15 box cars covered by #12800 Series Kits: 1925-1973.  Modern version era: 1935-1973.

Please also note that our Kit is available NOW.

AVAILABLE NOW ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER "New Kit Releases".
KIT NUMBER:
12851  B-50-15 SS Box Car, Steel Sheathed, Murphy Radial Roof, No End Doors, AB Brakes, SP Freight    $45.00
12881  B-50-15 SS Box Car Kit with Tahoe TMW-109 Trucks with Code 110 Wheels                                      $51.00
12882  B-50-15 SS Box Car Kit with Tahoe TMW-209 Trucks with Semi-Scale Wheels                                   $51.00

We would like to ask if anyone has Sunshine Kit #38.25 or #38.26.  We would like to borrow the old decal set from your Kit in order to make a new decal set for a new release of that kit version with a One-Piece Body.  In return for letting Westerfield Models borrow your decals, we will send you a new set of decals when they are ready.
If interested, please contact us at westerfieldmodels@....

Also available is our recent Kit release  #12451 Express Service Box Car, NWP:
#12451       USRA DS Box Car, Express Service, AB Brakes, NWP, Kit Only.                                                      $46.00
#12481       USRA DS Box Car, Express Service, AB Brk, NWP, with Tahoe TMW-112 Code 110 Trucks      $52.00
#12482       USRA DS Box Car, Express Service, AB Brk, NWP, with Tahoe TMW-212 Code 88 Trucks        $53.00

All of the above Kits are available through our website:
westerfieldmodels.com
We are also glad to accept orders via Mailed in Order Form or phone.

Westerfield Kits include new HO scale unpainted urethane castings, and are complete with quality details, detailed instruction/history sheets
and proprietary decals covering all versions of the prototype car.   Trucks and couplers are not included but are available separately.

Westerfield Models is available for custom casting work.  We can make castings from your patterns, both from your custom masters or your 3D printed masters.  Please see our Website, Main Page "Custom Castings" for more information.  Link to page:  http://westerfieldmodels.com/116622.html

Questions or Suggestions?  Feel free to email us at:  westerfieldmodels@....

Thank you,
Andrew Dahm
Westerfield Models, LLC