From: Hubert Mask maskisland@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Feb 23, 2018 9:52 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] "DF" Labeled Boxcars

 Damage free is what I was aware of    Never heard of sin age free.  However.

Hubert Mask

On Feb 23, 2018, at 9:20 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I've seen two opinions as to what "DF" stands for. One stated "Damage Free" as in a car with a cushion underframe. The other stated "Dunnage Free", that is, a car that has load dividers and other interior hardware that makes dunnage unnecessary.

I know many on this list know what "DF" means. I'm just not one of them so please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA