Re: Lettering requirements

Charlie Vlk

John and Tony and all…

I understand the varieties of “Railroad Roman” as I’ve modified/created many such versions (hate making “&” characters…they’re the most difficult!!) for different road paint jobs.

Even if I had a drawing of the ARA lettering there would likely be variations between different cars as sign painters or different shops cutting stencils changed things around slightly.

I came across a number of L&P drawings at the Newberry Library and they referenced Standard ARA Lettering where usually a CB&Q drawing is called out.

Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

___