Re: Has Anyone Assembled the Laser Kit Pickle Car?

Eric Bergh

Hi Gary,
I did build one of the pickle cars several years ago. I do not recall any particular problems with the project. It probably is a better build than using an old Ambroid kit since they are providing you with laser cut parts, etc. and things do go together quite well. Detail is ok, but not really fine... I did add truss rods to the sides, as per some photos I found online... I didn't ever get around to adding cut levers, etc to the flatcar though :).
Here's an old iPhone pic - it did not like my weathering much, looks kinda splotching, but fortunately better on the car. Decals are mine.
Enjoy the build!

Here's a link to my pic:  Open in new window
Eric Bergh