Re: Photos: Santa Fe Reefer Models

Bill Daniels <billinsf@...>

Bob, did Ed build these cars in O scale? Last time I saw Ed, he was dabbling in O scale, and these cars do have an O scale look to them.

Bill Daniels
San Francisco, CA

On Sunday, April 29, 2018, 10:11:26 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Here is a link to some photos of I took yesterday at the Prototype Modelers Meet in San Bernardino:

https://groups.io/g/RailroadCitrusIndustryModelingGroup/topic/photos_santa_fe_reefer/18117402?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,18117402

The white reefer is a model by Dave Pires (Yes, someone knocked off the ladder.). The others are models by Ed Martin. Notice the car with the open door, floor racks and load. Also notice the range of Ed's models, which go from a Class Rr-2 wood sheathed reefer (Built 1924) to a Class Rr-56 mechanical reefer (Built in 1955).

Ed authored several articles on building reefer models and other freight cars for Mainline Modeler in the 1990s.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA