Re: Red Caboose C&S AAR 40' Boxcar Kit RC-8505-3b

Tim O'Connor

Brian, this is one of a number of Red Caboose releases using the old IMWX
tooling that were BOGUS... I have a whole list of them. ;-) They were done
shortly after RC acquired IMWX and may have been a desperation move. :-\

Bill is correct that is the 10-0 IH 1937 IMWX tooling. But I think Bill is
incorrect about the modified 1937 10-6 IH box car - the C&S did not own any
of those box cars.

When Red Caboose acquired the FRONT RANGE 40 foot box cars tooling, they did
release a VERY ACCURATE C&S XM32E (series 1000-1799). These kits are RC-8602-x.
These are the only all steel 40 foot box cars ever purchased by the C&S (in 1957)
and they allowed the C&S to retire their wood sheathed box cars.

I have an extra RC-8602-x kit if you would like to purchase it. They are correct
in every way including 5 panel Superior door, diagonal panel roof, and 8 rung ladders.

Tim O'Connor

Looking for an article on this kit if anyone recalls. I want to use this kit for a C&S car in the mid 1950's. Was this car correct out of the box or was this supposed to be an xm32c and I need to change the ends on the car to make it correct?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/112968253010

xm32c Ref. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1895400

I'm open to suggestions if there is a better option for this kit if it is not correct.

Thanks,

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA