Re: Interesting B-50-17 pics

gary laakso

Johannes, you are correct that their omission on the model was very odd and not noted at the time of their import.   Those locomotive/passenger car importer guys may have been too busy to notice!

Gary Laakso

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of vapeurchapelon
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 7:52 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Interesting B-50-17 pics

No I am definitely not sure. I used the dicionary to find an English word for "unterschlagen", maybe is "conceal" or "keep quiet about" better for the context? I apologize for such awful problems. I am constantly trying to get better in both modeling and English speaking.

Best Regards

Johannes

Gesendet: Montag, 07. Mai 2018 um 16:16 Uhr
Von: naptownprr <jhunter@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Interesting B-50-17 pics

embezzle?  Are you sure that's the word you want to use?

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of vapeurchapelon <j.markwart@...>
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 7:41 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Interesting B-50-17 pics

Hello Gary,

thanks for mentioning this beautyful model. But by all its beauty and accuracy one shouldn't embezzle that CIL - for whatever reason - omitted the coupler lift bar and its brackets/ eyebolts (which would be easy to add, nonetheless).

(I am looking for such a model (mint condition or professionally weathered), btw.)

Johannes

Gesendet: Montag, 07. Mai 2018 um 05:12 Uhr
Von: "gary laakso" <vasa0vasa@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Interesting B-50-17 pics

Challenger Imports brought in these cars in brass (Catalog #2408) using the data supplied by Bob Darwin of hyper detail brass locomotives in MR decades ago.  A variety of lettering schemes were offered by Challenger.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.