Re: Interesting B-50-17 pics

Bryian Sones

Oops sorry Ted Culotta, forgive me, didn't mean to butcher the spelling of your name. It happens to me all the time too. :)

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA.

On Monday, May 7, 2018 12:58 PM, Bryian Sones via Groups.Io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

The B-50-17 model in 1/87 scale was not only produced  in brass by CIL but alson in Resin by Martin of Sunshine Models and Ted Collata of Speedwitch Media. The Model was produced under the "private stock lable". I've built a few from my collection and I am currently workin on one to resemble the Car Gary Binder took photos of.  These cars sometimes appear on Ebay but I've never won any. Mine, I bought from Martin at the Perris, CA swap meet many years ago.

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA.

On Monday, May 7, 2018 12:35 PM, Bryian Sones via Groups.Io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Sorry everyon, no pics of the B end. Gary Binder was unable to get any clear pics from that end of the car. Not to far from this B-50-17 was another in Alluminum M.O.W colors laid to rest. Gary sent me pics he took of that car today. I'll share then a little later.

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA.

On Monday, May 7, 2018 11:27 AM, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Johannes, you are correct that their omission on the model was very odd and not noted at the time of their import.   Those locomotive/passenger car importer guys may have been too busy to notice!

Gary Laakso

Von: naptownprr <jhunter@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Von: "gary laakso" <vasa0vasa@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Challenger Imports brought in these cars in brass (Catalog #2408) using the data supplied by Bob Darwin of hyper detail brass locomotives in MR decades ago.  A variety of lettering schemes were offered by Challenger.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock