Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ATSF Fe-U 50' car Whose model is this??
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 2:19 PM

The Fe-U does
not have the massive underframe. (see photo) They were also
not painted off white but the builders photo was for better
visibility of the construction. All the cars were delivered
in the normal mineral
brown with white lettering. See photos.
Charlie
Slater

Sent from Outlook

From:
main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on
behalf of Tim O'Connor
<@timboconnor>

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:12 AM

To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ATSF Fe-U 50' car Whose
model is this??

Steve I had exactly the same thought. And wouldn't a
Santa Fe auto box of

that era have a massive fishbelly underframe?

Could it be
scratch built or kit bashed?  The underframe appears to be
Athearn, with the snap on coupler covers.  The ends look
like the old stamped metal ones.  The
hat section framing and sides look like wood shapes and
sheets.  I remember the wrap around metal roof ribs,
too.

Steve
Hile