Iowa Terminal/PRR gun flat

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

A year or two ago we discussed an ex-PRR F22 or F23 flat car that survived on the Iowa Terminal Railroad. As I was scanning my father's slides (Glenn G. Groff), I came across a photo of this car taken in 1982. Yes, it was converted by the ITR into a snow plow, but also sports a tower for working on overhead wires. I'm thinking the car is an F22 with most of its wooden deck removed, since there is still one plank at the near end supporting the brake wheel. Note how close the brake wheel is to the corner, and the silver-painted archbar trucks (the ITR's motors and diesel locomotives were orange and silver). Sorry about the loss of the sky tones, but this was a salvage job on a badly overexposed photo.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿