Minneapolis and St. Louis double-sheathed boxcar

Richard Scott

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale Minneapolis and St. Louis USRA double-sheathed boxcar.  I built from a Rails Unlimited resin kit, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Protocraft decals.  The 150 cars in M&StL's 25000-25298 series (even numbers only) were bought used in 1937 and retired in 1953.

Special thanks to Clark Propst - his M&StL freight car presentation at the 2011 Naperville RPM conference made the project possible.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models" on page 7 of our photo section.

Dick Scott