Re: RPM Freight Car Presentation Hardware Question

al.kresse <water.kresse@...>

With C&OHS most presentations are made with the hotel's projectors.  Therefore we put all PPT's on one "nerds" PC the day before and dry-run the PPT's with the projector.  We have folks still working on Windows 7 Pro so we use the "oldest" software to be compatible.

Al Kresse

On May 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

I am hoping there may be people here that have experience using Apple’s iPad that will comment on the questions I have.

The Apple Laptop I have used for years for my annual RPM Freight Car presentations has finally given up and I want to replace it. I no longer think I need a full-blown computer and may replace it with an iPad if this type of device will work for doing presentations. I use Apple’s “Keynote” to build my presentations and then convert it to a high resolution PDF for the actual presentation. There are some hardware/connectivity issues I need to answer since the iPad only has one connection port and even with adaptors not sure if my plan is realistic.

—iPad needs to communicate with the projector. There are Blue Tooth Dongles to facilitate this but frankly I would prefer a hardwired connection. Researching for an adapter. My concern here is that venues like Cocoa Beach, Collinsville and Chicagoland probably have projectors requiring a cord.

—I would like to use the new’ish Logitech “Spotlight Presentation Remote” with its ability to easily spotlight things on each slide when desired while also providing remote advance of slides. (see Ted Culotta’s blog item about this device: http://prototopics.blogspot.com/2018/02/logitech-spotlight-presentation-remote.html) Trying to sort out if the remote can talk to the iPad without an adaptor

I am curious if anyone here has used an iPad for their presentations and can comment on what I have described as my preferences using it? It may be more appropriate to respond to me offline: fgexbill(at)tampabay.rr.com

Thank you,

Bill Welch