Re: Decal setting solution options

Roger Huber <trainpainter@...>

Pete,

I hve used Walthers Solvaset with good results ever since my Champ Decalset ran out. It seems to work well on every brand I've used it on except Thinfilm decals. With them I just mix it about 50/50 with distilled water.

I've tried Micro-Scale Micro-Set and Micro-Sol but prefer Solvaset.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 10:44:13 AM CDT, Peter Hall <petehall6369@...> wrote:

Hello listers,
I'm using some old Champ decal stripes on a Scalecoat 1 painted model, and the stripes don't seem to want to settle over the details.  I've been using Microscale MicroSol to soften the decals, but it isn't working well.  since Decalset is no longer available, is there a way to strengthen this setting solution, or is there another option for setting solution today?
Thanks in advance.
Pete