Re: Decal setting solution options

Pdsteam <pdsteam@...>

Armand
There was a thread several months ago that talked about those decals and having very thick inking and would not “melt” with any solvents we typically use to settle decals.
I have several sets of their SP gondola decals but have not been able to get to those models yet.
Try doing a search for Tichy decals to see exactly what was said.

Pete C

On May 30, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Armand Premo <arm.p.prem@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried the Tichy decals? I am having difficulty with them using Walthers' solvent with them..Armand Premo

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Peter Hall <petehall6369@...> wrote:
Thanks to all for this advice - I bought and applied Solvaset today and it is working.

Thanks
Pete

On May 30, 2018, at 5:14 PM, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

Peter I just applied some old private name decals with MicroSol on the steel side of a box car.  The decals were not setting as well as I wanted over rivets.  After several applications of the MicroSol I used Water’s Soleset and the decals settled down fine.
Lester Breuer