From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of ottokroutil via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:48 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Covered hopper traffic patterns was Travels Of B&O N-34 Covered Hoppers

There are photos of CB&Q covered hoppers in Cajon Pass in the late steam era (and also specifically at the Oro Grande cement plant switch lead) that I've always wondered about. If cement hoppers don't travel far, what are they doing there? Did they deliver some valuable or unique commodity to SoCal only to be appropriated for local cement service?
Needless to say, I've acquired a couple for my SoCal layout...
Interesting topic.
Regards,
Otto Kroutil