Re: Imbedded Photos Stacking Up

Nolan Hinshaw

On May 31, 2018, at 1:37 PM, David Payne via Groups.Io wrote:

[Puhtaytoe puhtahtoe, tuhmaytoe tuhmahto]

I blame it on the programmers who put the "new" comments at the top rather, than as I recall from years ago, the bottom of a reply.
The old top posting-bottom-posting argument predates the World Wide Web and the public internet[0]. It had little to do with coder preferences, more to to with netiquette. Regardless of the default location of the text cursor in a followup or reply, there was a customary action requested, and sometimes required of users, to edit and to position the text cursor appropriately in replies.

I think most responders don't THINK
and that's it, in a proverbial nutshell. Netiquette strongly insists on *thoughtful* follow-ups.

[0] the glory days of Usenet, even before the Great Renaming
--
Nolan Hinshaw, formerly mandible@netcom.com and AFU Game Warden