Re: Decal setting solution options

Ken Roth

Folks, I have tried one other idea with these Tichy decals which helps somewhat.  While the decals are still on the sheet, I lightly sand the lettering with #400 wet or dry sandpaper (dry!).  This reduces the thickness which makes them slightly more pliable.  You can see the results on an Associated Oil tank car over on the PlasticFreightCarBuilders group.  In my opinion, its the lettering itself which will not flex, not the backing material.  This was even somewhat noticeable with Jerry Glow's decals when used over rivets.

Ken Roth