Re: Decal setting solution options

Ken Roth

I tried sending a message about sanding Tichy decals the other day, but for some reason or other it never appeared in the thread, so now that other people are talking about sanding decals, I'll try again.  I sanded the lettering of some of the Tichy decals with #400 wet or dry sandpaper while they are still on the the backing sheet (sanding dry of course).  It does help, but of course they are still not the same as "real" decals.  I was able to coax them down over the couple of rivets they needed to cover.  And as someone else has already mentioned, if you sand too much, they will be "pre-weathered".  When the Tichy decals are all there is, I think this will provide a fairly satisfactory solution.

Ken Roth