Re: Bangor & Aroostook 1927 Boxcar 61000 series

richard glueck

Which nifty herald would that be?  I can do a little research, but I don't see an illustration to point to the correct direction.

Dick

(Bangor, Maine)

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 4:54:01 AM EDT, paul.doggett2472 via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

Looking good RJ.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 12 Jun 2018, at 05:46, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

One of the manufactured products made in Maine was clothes pins - certainly a
common item in your era. Your BAR box car could be delivering a load of those to
a warehouse. :-)

Another example is wooden Diamond Matches - those were made at a huge mill in the
Duluth Superior area served by GN. Photos show dozens of freight cars at a time, from
all over. Matches were extremely popular in those days.

Tim

Don't know what possessed a western road guy to build a New England 1927 BAR SS boxcar (F&C #6550), but I did. Nice little kit.  I know nothing about the BAR, any of your East Coasters know when the BAR started using that nifty herald that came with the kit? (instructions don't say)
I model 1939.
All painted and waiting for decals (see attached).
RJ Dial
Burlingame, CA

Attachments: