Re: Broadway hopper lettering removal

Barry Roth

I find that 91% ISOH tends to leave a sort of "bloom" on the surface of cars, which is not entirely removed by an overcoat of clear matte or semi-matte varnish.

Barry Roth

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 10:47:06 AM PDT, Garth Groff <sarahsan@...> wrote:

Jeff,

I've had 91% isopropyl alcohol attack some plastics. Caution is in order.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 6/12/18 8:06 AM, Jeff Coleman wrote:
I'm not sure this wouldn't attack the base paint but 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and Q-tip may work.
Good luck

Jeff Coleman

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 7:43 AM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

Model Railroader mentioned using Pine Sol to remove lettering about ten years ago. I  bought a bottle, but I’ve never used it. Somebody with access to their archive may wish to do a search and report back the details.

Nelson Moyer