Re: CGW 92000 Series Boxcar Color (Chicago Mini Kit 2017)

Clark Propst

I have no 'correct' color info for the 91 - 92000 series' cars. The CGW equipment registers sometimes have that info, but not for these cars. Maybe sometimes we get too picky anyway? Paint practices in 51 would be to delete the Cornbelt emblem.  I believe that the simple just initials and number scheme was a year or two in the future? Many of these cars were sold and leased back renumbered in the late 50s - 60s? Some of the remaining cars may never have been repainted. I photographed one in the 90s in it's as delivered lettering.
Clark Propst