From this we can reasonably assume the car has been in service for only a few years at most, correct? During those few years the grabs and stirrups look to have gotten pretty beat up on this car!

Claus Schlund

From: Eric Hansmann
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 10:10 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SOUTHERN 41'6" flat car questions

Thank you Ike for the generous shares of photos and detail on these Southern flat cars and gondolas.

Attached is an early image of Southern 116177 with a lumber load. I do not know the date but the car sports a NEW stencil. This came from another Pre-Depression Era modeler so I do not know the original source. The original file has been tweaked to improve the contrast and sharpen details.

Will these flat car and gondola kits be available again? I do not recall an announcement for the original releases and I’ve been on this list for nearly 20 years.

I hope to visit the Chattanooga facilities someday soon as I’m just a couple hours up the road.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN