From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 11:49 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SOUTHERN 41'6" flat car questions

Eric,

It has a NEW stencil? Where? This photo may actually be quite late. I can see the CAPY 100000 and a WT 63300(?) but no Load Limit and no NEW or reweigh which makes me think that it is confined to online service.

As for ordering the 41’ 6” flat in HO, my lovely wife procured one for me about 2 years ago through the Southern Historical Association. Interestingly, my kit had several modifications that were not reflected in the kit directions.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Jul 9, 2018, at 9:10 AM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Thank you Ike for the generous shares of photos and detail on these Southern flat cars and gondolas.

Attached is an early image of Southern 116177 with a lumber load. I do not know the date but the car sports a NEW stencil. This came from another Pre-Depression Era modeler so I do not know the original source. The original file has been tweaked to improve the contrast and sharpen details.

Will these flat car and gondola kits be available again? I do not recall an announcement for the original releases and I’ve been on this list for nearly 20 years.

I hope to visit the Chattanooga facilities someday soon as I’m just a couple hours up the road.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN