Re: Wabash War Emergency Boxcar Part Five

Steve and Barb Hile

Nothing came through on the email and the most recent photo attachment on the website is the brake wheel drawing.

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 12:44 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Wabash War Emergency Boxcar Part Five

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 09:18 AM, Bill Welch wrote:
Two questions Dennis, was there supposed to be an attachment illustrating your point?
The embedded drawing didn't come through? I don't read the list via e-mail, and the images show up just fine on the group web page. Check and see if you don't have a file named "Brake Lever Falcrum.jpg. in your embedded folder. If not, let me know and I can attach this drawing and the brake wheel to an e-mail.
What does what you describe look like when viewed in profile in the darkness of the underside of a car?
It looks like the strap shown wrapped under the end of the lever, eith the end of the pin sticking out, no nut. From the side it's not obvious if it's directly under the sill rather than a bit to the side.

Dennis Storzek