Re: Wabash War Emergency Boxcar Part Five

Bill Welch

Edited

Rob, my Optivisor has a pair of 3.5x lenses. I think it is cataloged as their #10. The Tichy Turnbuckles are already cored and the 0.012 wire fits well. I first use a small amount of Testors to position it on the end of the wire and after this has firmed up a little then I apply a small amount of CA with my applicator, an Insect Pin.

Attached is my only effort that I recall so far with a Slack Adjuster, it is on my model of Pullman built Monon #37. The bracket is a gift from friend George Toman. Not all railroads used these devices.

Bill Welch