Re: Masking over Archer rivets

Craig Zeni

On Jul 23, 2018, at 1:56 AM, main@RealSTMFC.groups.io wrote:

4d. Re: Masking over Archer rivets
From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 18:36:05 EDT

I have not heard of using wet white paper, but I do have a roll of very weak
adhesive paper from 3M - essentially a roll of Post-It note paper. I use it when
the surface is not too irregular (i.e. a flat surface).

Has anyone tried brushing Microscale liquid decal film over Archer rivets? I
wonder if it would help hold them in place securely while painting.
Using Tamiya's masking tape I have masked over Archers but I airbrushed glosscoat over them first. I also applied the Archers over a painted surface, not directly to unpainted plastic.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC